Thursday, March 28, 2013

Keep on truckin'

     Sometimes the hard part about this is not feeling like you've made any progress.  Kind of a 'can't see the forest for the trees' situation.
     Times like that can be the hardest to make yourself keep writing.  You really have to learn how to motivate yourself, to become your own cheerleader.  Or in my case let loose my inner motivator who sounds like R. Lee Ermey (Amazing the things you pick up when your friends a jarhead.) to kick my creative ass.  Which I especially find myself needing when I ask questions like "Would anyone actually read this crap?"
     That's when you need to stay strong.  You gotta believe in what your doing.  I think a good sign of that is when you find yourself reacting to what you just wrote.  A chuckle at a stupid joke, or empathy for what you just inflicted on your characters in the name of entertainment.  If I ever put myself into one of these books I'm having the main character punch my lights out.  Oh, the crap I'm going to hit them with.
     I wonder just how deep into the shadow to dip my stories.  Don't want the light to ever go completely out, but sometimes make it damn hard to see.  I very much want the characters to feel real.  To give even villains heart.  Heart as in presence of life not goodness of spirit.
     Here's hoping I can pull this off

No comments:

Post a Comment