Thursday, April 4, 2013

My book may kill you.

I think my book is melting my editors brain.  About a week ago Tim started getting extreme disorientation as well as visual problems, memory issues, and problems with his cognitive abilities.  And aside from his normal problems he is in some discomfort.
     Seeing as Tim has been exposed to my manuscript more than anyone else I can only deduce that my book is harmful to a portion of the populace.  Namely smart people.  I'm aiming for a cross between 'Shaun of the Dead' and 'The Walking Dead'.  What I think I'm getting is more like Harold & Kumar (Any of them.) meets 'Surf Ninja's' meets 'The Howling'.  I'm really trying to keep it to a sprinkling of stupid on a sundae of heart and interesting story.  But I find myself giggling at the dumbest stuff (Especially when recalling conversations with friends for the dialogue.).  Now if you read my book and experience headache, nausea, disorientation, arachibutyrophobia, constipation, erectile dysfunction, excommunication, alektorophobia, diarrhea, loss of rhythm, male pattern baldness, Timian Implosion Theory, exsanguination, defenestration, low resale value on your home, Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, spontaneous combustion, sensitive nipples, or vaginal dryness please discontinue reading all related materials.  Any injury, sickness, loss of property, wages, soul, or fatalities from shakesnovelsuckyitis are not the responsibility of the author.
Blame Tim.   It's always his fault.
     Been slacking the last few days.  Really wanted to keep to the whole page-a-night-off routine, but all I've got is a couple paragraphs.  One of those days when just putting my fingers to the keys is an effort.  What once was clear has become foggy.  You wouldn't think that getting characters from Point A to Point B would be that hard, but when you want it to be interesting it can be a bit tricky.
     It's a really odd way of thinking.  Have to look at every situation from as many angles as possible.  What started it, what's going through the heads of everyone involved, what could make it worse or better, could it have been easily prevented and if so should it have been?
     I keep surprising myself (Which seems like something that shouldn't really be possible.) with a few of the random bits.  Impromptu things that if the book takes off will probably be over-analyzed and picked apart and generally thought of to have been intentional.  But in truth were one-hundred percent pulled from my ass.
So if you read something and it was funny, clever, emotional, or cool just assume it was an accident.

1 comment: